Feb 2, 2010

P is for Pets



I have owned many pets in my life. Well not as many as most people but I think that we have. I have known 3 pets that I consider partially or entirely mine. Fin, the Japanese fighting fish,(Sorry I don't have a picture of him.) P.J., a silver tabby, and Gucci, a gold glittering Bengal. So now that you know their names how about some history? When we got P.J. it was a BIG surprise. My family minus my father had just walked in the door of the house after getting back from the cottage. My dad greeted us and told us he had a BIG surprise for us as soon as we were settled down. So we got settled pretty quickly. Then he lead us down to the basement and told us to be very quiet and calm. Then he opened the door to the unfinished part and we walked in. My dad closed the door and said, "Everyone I'd like you to meet your new cat." I almost screamed. I had always wanted and cat and this was my first pet. I was SO exited. Then my dad told us the first person to find him would get to play with him first. So we all went hunting around until I found him sleeping under our ping-pong table. He was simple adorable. He had short silver fur, a small pink nose, even smaller paws and beautiful pastel green eyes. It was like an angel fell off a cloud and into my life. All through the rest of his life I felt like this about him. When we moved last year he started peeing on everything. It was really sad but in the end we had to put him down. I still miss him but now I will move on to Gucci.

I got Gucci as a Christmas present the year we moved. (This was before we put P.J. down.) I remember sitting under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning with my family and opening gifts. Then my parents pulled a HUGE gift out and gave it to me. As soon as it was in my hands I tore open the paper to see a box that said ``Kitten welcome home kit``. I was really exited just seeing it but then it got better. My parents then said, ``Something else also comes with this gift Chloe. A bran new kitten.`` I just sat there a with my smile getting bigger, and bigger. Then I couldn't stop thanking everyone and I was just SO exited! A few days later we drove to Kennelworth. (it was the name of the town were we bought Gucci,) and we went to a Bengal breeder and picked Gucci. I choose her because I wanted a girl and there were only 2 girls at the time, one of which being to young to take home. So I picked Gucci and went home. (We didn't bring her home right away because we were going on a vacation to B.C.) When we got back, we picked up Gucci and her life with us began. Now a days she isn't the little angel she was as a kitten but we all love her. (Even though she makes life harder than necessary.)

So to wrap it up, I love all of my pets and will love them all through their lives.

Life lesson: Love your pets forever and always because you never know when you might hit a bump in the rode.

Silvermoon

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chloe,
    I loved how you described your excitement at getting a new cat! I think that your post would have been even better if you had described what Gucci and PJ were like. I wish as well that you had a picture of the japanese fighter fish. They sound so cool! I really liked the bit about hunting for Gucci, she sounds so cute! Your post was very interesting.
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete